Processor Doesn't Support Windows 10

Reaction score
Have a Dell Inspiron 2200, was running Xp, loaded Windows Starter, run ok, tried to upgrade to Windows 10. Got error message "PC's Processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)". Any help

Reaction score
Thank Trouble, it appears that my Dell Inspiron 2200 doesn't support Win 10. I checked the Bios and there is no mention of enabling NX code. reading your recommended posts I maybe able to upgrade the Bios, never done that before. Can anyone help me with that. It's an old computer but I hate to just not be able to use it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally you need to go to the Dell Support website and plug in your Service Tag number and see what might be offered in the way of updates.
If there is a BIOS update it should be listed there.

Reaction score
If it's a Pentium M, it does support NX (called XD for intel). If you find a workaround for that (a bios update may help), your bigger problem is going to be finding drivers for it. Your laptop is about as old as my inspiron 1501, and Windows 10 refuses to recognize the onboard graphics. It also doesn't have compatible wifi drivers. The generic driver works, but has to sit right next to the router.

Reaction score
Are you saying that the solution offered in the thread I supplied did not work? Here is a copy;

jjjjj.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That solution may work in some instances, but has not worked on either of my 3, old, HP Laptops running Windows 7 Pro.
The BIOS on them are not upgradeable and regardless of whether or not you perform the bcdedit, they don't support the No Execute bit and that's the bottom line.
They still work although I rarely ever use them anymore since I retired my need to go mobile is just not as pressing as it once was.
I keep them around just in case my grandkids need something to bang on but even that duty seems to have been usurped by their phones now.

Ask a Question