SOLVED Product ID problem.

Reaction score
I've downloaded the file and have it on USB stick. Have already ran it on my Laptop so I know the file is OK. However when I try to run it on my Desktop all is well until it requests the product ID. I am running 7 on desktop (legal) but when I enter the ID it says that it doesn't work. Any help out there?

Reaction score
The correct term is ..... product key. Not Product ID.
You were doing a Clean Install which requires Windows 10 product key to activate the install. NOBODY has the product key. MS has not released it.
Microsoft wants us to do the initial install through Windows Update, or by using the ISO file and do a "in-place" upgrade install.

If you still has the ISO file stored in your computer, go to it > right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
This method allows you to keep your files, settings and apps, or you can choose to keep nothing.
this method does NOT require Windows 10 product key.

I use the same method to install my Windows 10 Pro.

Reaction score
My apology.
I forgot you are using a Win 7 OS.
In your case, burn the ISO file to a bootable DVD or USB with at least 4 GB > then insert the DVD to your CD/DVD drive >right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.

How to burn an iso :
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

There are many programs that will burn a bootable media.
I chose Windows DVD/USB Download Tool because of its simplicity and effectiveness.
Any one can use it.
I use it exclusively.

Ask a Question