Programme Auto Starts

Reaction score
I did raise this problem I have a couple of months ago and one or two Members of the Forum did try to help but as I still have the problem unsolved I thought it worth repeating in case anyone else had come across this!

I think it was after one of the Microsoft Updates that about 6-7 of the programs I run on my Dell no longer start automatically and each day after startup I have to start them manually. They are widely used Software - Dropbox; Backup & Sync from Google; Outlook; OneDrive; plus two others. All of these have the startup App in the right Startup Folder! I have taken them out of the Startup Folder(s) and then used the software to reset them to Auto Start but they still don't.

If anyone else has had this problem perhaps they could offer some advice. Obviously this is not a serious issue, it is just a matter of remembering to start the programs manually each time but just another thing to do.

Reaction score
Hello again JohnFW Sorry none of the previous suggestions worked. My only additional thoughts on this are to delete and reinstall the misbehaving programs, and create a new user profile. Then try a few of them from the new profile.

Reaction score
Many thanks for responding once more Garyw. I will just leave it as is I think, it is just very curious that this 'non start' situation happened to several programs at the same time!

Ask a Question