Programs Freeze

Reaction score
Hello guys again I have an NEW issue. Ever since update to Windows 10 2004 latest version I believe I have had several issues and want to see if anyone know these or knows a fix.

1st issue is sometimes after I am waking or open my laptop I get one of 2 screens either an ALL white screen and I do have mouse movement, and that is it and then I have to do a HARD reset (force power off and on) to get a normal screen, or I get a colorful screen with many pixels like and again mouse movement and again a hard shutdown fixes.

2nd issue is on a lat of program I use sometimes I get a freeze for a few seconds, example File Explorer I get a freeze and a flash screen for a few seconds like 10 or 20 seconds then fine again.

I want to go back to windows 10 previous but I made a USB with the 2004 version and did a fresh install so I can not roll back, if anyone can tell me how I can go back to I think it was 1904 was previous version that helps me a lot.

Thanks
Abdulah "Mr Abdi" Mohamed

OH BTW I have a Lenovo 320-14AST Ideapad

Reaction score
Hi Abdulah,

if I were you, I would back up all my files and do a reset, I have version 2004 and don't have any problems despite there being widespread reports of them.

Your 2nd option is to get into advanced settings and do a rollback from there!

See also:

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/advanced-startup-options.38/

I hope it helps. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
He did a clean install Wolfie, he isn't going to be able to do a rollback. He needs a 1909 iso if he wants to go back. Not exactly sure how to get one safely.

Reaction score
Are you running Malwarebytes by any chance?
This has a compatibility issue with 2004 due to the ransomware protection, their workaround is to either disable this feature or download the Beta version of MBAM.

Reaction score
Hi BigFeet,

what I meant was to basically reset what he has, didn't make myself clear there sorry!. :eek:
That's ok, no worries. I'm not sure this will help his case, but wouldn't hurt to try. I wish microsoft would leave older, but still supported iso's on their site. I also wish they'd do proper debugging. But I guess that's asking too much of microsoft :(

Ask a Question