Property management

Reaction score
The property management software I use is old, but very useful and I don't want to part with it. It won't work properly with windows 10. It loads the " demo" version and won't recognize the purchase code given when it was first purchased.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Are you sure that the code should work and has not expired or wasn't on a per 'machine' basis? I can't see anything that would allow it to dramatically change so that it wouldn't be recognized unless they are using Win32 crypto methods... Even then, I doubt that they would have changed at all, unless the programmer has done something very specific.

If you are sure this is in error... A better thing to do would be to contact the development team if they are still around.

Reaction score
I know how much errors and problems we have to face when there is any software issue.Plus being an IT engineer,I have solved many software programming issues and I would like to know more about what's wrong with your software.Few days back only I have met my friend who works at some property management company where they also use many of the softwares to provide the best services in the market.

Reaction score
I know how much errors and problems we have to face when there is any software issue.Plus being an IT engineer,I have solved many software programming issues and I would like to know more about what's wrong with your software.Few days back only I have met my friend who works at some property management company where they also use many of the softwares to provide the best services in the market.
you couldn't have solved the programming side of software issues without reverse engineering and patching the software in a lot of cases. Microsoft has changed a lot of the Win32 API calls as of Windows 10 so unless those misbehaving calls are changed to some other function or used in a compatible way, it may never work until the original developer releases a new version which is guaranteed to work with Windows 10. A prime example of such a function is GetVersion(Ex). And this has been problematic ever since they decided to release the versioning API. It really depends on how the program was written. If there is a workaround that allows buggy code to work in certain conditions on the host environment and you can replicate that -- this would be your only available solution to fixing the problem.

@rentright - What software is this? Could you show us a download link if it is public? It may help if we can debug what kind of function calls the program is making.

Last edited:

Ask a Question