Purge The "windows10 Update Ready To Download" From My Pc

Reaction score
Hi,
First, let me point out I am old and don't really understand a lot of the computer jargon.
Months ago I downloaded the free windows 10 upgrade offer, but have never actually downloaded windows 10,so, every two days I now reschedule the download. Since I realized the only program and usb audio interface device I use is not compatible, I would like to purge the "upgrade" from my PC. I am running windows 8, and the only way my program (originally from 2009) worked was I read somewhere, I could set up so my computer worked as XP with this software program. The only other things I do are Email, and cruise Craigslist, my laptop is not a touch screen, so Windows 10 seems to have no value to me. At this point things are acting up as I can't do ay other updates.
Hope this makes sense, and someone can help with a the delete for dummies response.

thanks
Jeff

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I've used GWX Control Panel in the past successfuly to avoid, prevent stop and get rid of things generally associated with Windows 10.
I recommend using the stand alone version as it doesn't require an installation located here. It's free and seems to do the trick.
http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

Reaction score
Thank you,
So I have to download something else, and have that floating around in my computer to get rid of Win10?
As well it says it "disables" the notification, it does not say it deletes the program, or am I missing something?
thanks again
jeff

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Actually, if you downloaded the stand alone version as I recommended above then you don't have much on your computer except a very small program that you can delete anytime you want, as it doesn't install anything on your computer, it just runs.
Then..... you can go here and read the User Guide
http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html
Which explains better than I ever could what the individual buttons, whistles and bells actually do.

Reaction score
GWX Control Panel works great. I use it on my dad's PC and my mom's laptop, which both have minor compatibility issues with Windows 10.

Ask a Question