Putting Computer In Sleeping Mode

Reaction score
After installing the update KB4058258, I have a strange problem in that I cannot put the computer in sleep mode using the power symbol in the bottom left start option. I have tried it several times and the computer does power down and give all indications of of entering sleep mode, but it powers back on in less than 10-15 seconds. Tried changing the power sleep times in the Power Options and the computer and screen perform normally if it enters sleep mode at those times. Thought I may have accidentally moved the mouse or keyboard after entering sleep but I did the process several times without touching anything, and it re-powered after the short wait. Didn't see any posts that addresses this strange response. Any ideas???

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That looks like an update that was made available for Windows Version 1709 back in January of 2018.
Just asking, but....
Is there some reason you are still running a version of Windows 10 that will soon be celebrating its' 4th birthday?

Reaction score
Well, I'm still drinking the same brand of beer I started with 20 years ago

Reaction score
Do you have an external mouse hooked up? If you do Make sure it does not twich or wobble. I have desktop and my mouse wobbles and does the same thing your computer is doing. also in device manager you can select allow this device to wake computer for devices such as Bluetooth ethernet... point in case there may not be problems with the OS just with settings and if you do have external mouse slow down the speed in settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-22 195804.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-22 195804.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 27

Ask a Question