question about drive letters

Reaction score
I had an SSD split in two pieces. One un-assigned piece for other os. First partition on SSD: Windows10.

There were two other (normal) hard disks in my system, wich on one other hd-partition I put all my recent pictures and files while using the developer previeuw on SSD.

Windows 10 hang yesterday (no boot) and it did not repair itself, I tried every option with bootable USB stick.

The last thing I did was format windows 10 partition and re-install. After re-install my HD partition on separte disk gone? (All other ntfs partitions had drive letters assigned)

I first thought I formatted the wrong partition..

The files that were by mistake on the windows 10 partition were in the cloud :)

Data-partition by me, not to be found ?

After some research there was no drive letter assigned to my data partition, and nothing was lost.. (I found the disk administrator in windows 10 and was curious what the "unmounted" partition contained.

I do not understand why. Any ideas about this behaviour of not assigning drive letters automatic?

Ask a Question