Questions about Profile 1_ffb.inp

Reaction score
Profile 1_ffb.inp appears in a file that resulted from when I back up using File History. It may have been created when I used Dell Backup and Recovery on my original Windows 8 platform. Now with Win 10 I am looking for a backup that is not loaded down with this profile problem. Specifically, I have over 150 listing of profile 1 all with the same date of creation. And each listing has over 650 MB of data. I found in one forum that these files could be removed and saved elsewhere but the writer did not address the question of the larger number of files. The original questioner also had large amounts of data per profile but he had only 30 version of profile 1 compared to my plus 150!

I appreciate any help understanding what is going on here and what I might do to save space on my expansion drive which is over half full at this point.

BTW the layout and workings of this forum are very nice indeed!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the process, perhaps some Dell folks might be able to help, but....
I was reading this, which was educational (to me at least)
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19495053
Personally, I'd opt for a more conventional third party solution.
I use Acronis True Image myself. I pick what get's backed up (usually my entire disk(s), when it gets backed up (usually once a week at least) and where it gets backed up to (always one of my two 1 terabyte external USB 3.0 hard drives.
Nothing against Dell's backup system if you know the ins and outs or even the native Windows Backup utility. I just like being in control, knowing that my backups are done how, when and where I want them and being able to mount the resultant backup as a functional virtual drive on my system and examine the contents or drag and drop files if I want.

Reaction score
Yes, I have seen this article. But I am not skilled enough to manage a backup to the extent that is apparently required. My question is what is this profile_1 all about, is it needed to restore my computer if it fails, and why has it seemed to run amok?

Ask a Question