SOLVED Quicken 2016 won't open

Reaction score
I installed Quicken 2016 on my SP3, but it won't open unless I "run as Administrator." There is no error message when I try to open it regularly. I am the only user and am logged on as Administrator. Quicken 2015 worked just fine. I am running build 10586.14 version 1511. Quicken support seems to think it is a Windows 10 issue.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem on my SP3 Pro with Quicken not displaying. It worked for a month but not now. The app opens and lets me log in and shows the app on the task bar. If I put the cursor over it, it shows the tiny app screen, but when I click on the tiny app screen to open it, it won't open. Has anyone had this problem and discovered a fix?

Reaction score
I finally got frustrated enough with the problem that I restored my SP3 to Win 8.1, installed the program and then went through the update to 10 process again. I don't know if you want to go through all that, but I use Quicken to do all my finances, so I really need it. Also, and funny thing, is that Quicken 16 actually worked on a non-SP3 machine running the latest version of Windows 10. Go figure......

Reaction score
I discovered the problem. The Quicken window somehow was off the SP3 screen to the right. When I moused over the task bar and right clicked on the tiny app screen and clicked on move, and then tapped the left arrow key, I was able to use the cursor to move the full Quicken window back into view. What a relief! I have no idea how the window got off screen and didn't know that was even possible.

Reaction score
i had the same issue, I would click on the Quicken executable and nothing happened. I opened task manager and ended the Quicken task that was running, then was able to open Quicken.

Ask a Question