SOLVED R. Click Desktop takes 15 seconds to appear

Reaction score
I am posting this again as my earlier post says it is "SOLVED" but it is not.
When I right click the desktop, it takes a full 15 seconds for the window to appear. I took the advise of the op and cleaned everything up but it is still slow. I have a quad core processor, a solid state hard drive, and an excellent high speed internet connection. Every thing else is very fast so there is no apparent reason for this. I even went back to windows 7 and came back again to windows 10. Still, the problem persists.
Now I simply work around it by going directly to settings to change resolution, themes, etc. For view, to remove the recycle bin icon, I just place it behind the clock (gadget).

Reaction score
Well, my problem is solved, sort of. I now have a new computer (Mobie mobiecube Pro Streaming Mini Desktop PC) which came with Windows 8.1 that I upgraded to Windows 10. It is working great but the right click on the desktop yields nothing. O well, I can do without it.

Reaction score
I had no right click response at all but just resolved the problem. I just created a shortcut of my printer and sent it to the desktop and all the icons appeared ant the right click works instantly.

Ask a Question