RAM being used is constantly around 98%

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've had this problem a month after I upgraded to windows 10 last year, most of the time the task "system and compressed memory" would quite often be using around 300MB, so I assumed that there was some odd glitch/problem revolving around that since I have 8GB of RAM so that seemed so small in comparison. so I looked around and saw only a few people having this problem, but no solutions that helped them. Now however I'm realising that regardless of what programs I have open my RAM usage is always around 98%, so I was wondering if you guys have any solutions for this because sometimes it can really mess things up, e.g. large p2p downloads (Star Citizen videogame) not being able to complete as the computer just freezes up after 17GB have been downloaded, watching movies with vlc can cause the same problem after a couple of hours. Is it worth just unplugging my ram sticks and putting them back in just to see if it does anything?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• High ram usaage #2.png
    High ram usaage #2.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 546
  • High ram usage.png
    High ram usage.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 532
Reaction score
Torchy, right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager. Find the tab for Start-up, and it will tell you what programs start automatically with your machine. Don't disable anything from Microsoft.

If you right-click an item, it will give you the option of researching it online before you decide what to do.

I advise you not to disable more than one item at a time, while you see what happens.

Ask a Question