RAM is constantly at 85% or higher

Reaction score
Hey guys

So I have 8GB of RAM, and even with just Chrome and Discord open I'm somehow using up 87% of my RAM, another major issue I have is system and compressed memory, I've noticed that it tends to build up the longer the PC is on for to the point where it's using at least 300MB and my RAM claims to be at 99% capacity and then my computer just starts lagging like crazy and any game will have fps of roughly 5 when I'd normally get well over 60 (sorry I know this isn't the place for gaming but it's the easiest example for me to think of ), Task Manager recognizes that there is 8GB of RAM so there shouldn't be any issue with the sticks themselves.
Is this normal and something I should just accept whilst having 8GB or is something not right?

Thanks for all your replies

Reaction score
Upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium and my average CPU usage with just chrome and some simple programs is about 5-8%

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Personally, I would back up/save anything of importance to an external source and download the media creation tool for windows 10 and use that to do a clean install.

If you don't want to do that....I'd start looking into malware on the system.

Just another reason why I'm back to using windows 8.1 Pro.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Question: What type of PC/laptop is this....an OEM or custom build? I ask this because some PC/laptops are not windows 10 supported.....even though you qualify for an OS upgrade.

Reaction score
Custom built last september, pretty sure the hardware was up to date enough, motherboard is an msi z97 gaming 3

Ask a Question