RAM usage has doubled on idle since windows 10 upgrade?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently installed Windows 10. I must say I like the look and feel of it, however my RAM usage on idle has doubled, start up takes longer as well as shutting down. I currently have an I7 with 8gigs of RAM its using 4gigs on idle. Please see attached. Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards
ScreenShot.png

Reaction score
Here is a snip from task manager. Does not look like 4g should be being used up to me?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 683
Reaction score
Somethings up there. My "system" is using over 300 mb, and chrome is using 600 mb, and I'm still only using 3 gb (which is on par with what 8.1 used).

Reaction score
Now the start menu is not working...wonder whether i should just format and reinstall windows 7?

Reaction score
I had a problem similar: "Software Protection Platform Service" was running wild, 60%. I stopped it and then I got in the activation needed. Would not activate. I did a restore and it is better but that would cause me to freeze and have to reboot. Did it after an update but could not figure out which one.Have to keep a watch on it for next time.
RogMan

Ask a Question