Ram Used

Reaction score
How can I limit the amount of RAM in Windows 10? My system always consumes too much RAM, causing it to become stuck while using the browser.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
How can I limit the amount of RAM in Windows 10? My system always consumes too much RAM, causing it to become stuck while using the browser.
How much RAM do you actually have and is it shared memory (video card)??

on occasion the Windows defender can use a lot of memory when scanning in the background. Nevertheless, a Browser can be a real memory hog as well (so noticed with edge and chrome, especially when many extensions are installed)

Reaction score
When I tried to use facebook to contact someone, firefox put a message at the top of the screen say "this page is using too much memory".

Reaction score
Practically speaking, you cannot have too much RAM. If your system is using too much memory it will likely be one of the following:

- The system has insufficient memory to perform the tasks
- Your system has a faulty application or driver consuming too much memory i.e. a memory leak

Observing memory usage in Task Manager when the system is idle should give you a better idea of how much the system is using.

Also, computers that are left asleep (i.e. not shutdown or restarted) frequently can have caching issues and pending updates. Maybe try a restart.

Reaction score
Windows will use as much of the physical RAM as it needs, if it runs out some data held in memory should be swapped out to Vitual Memory [swapfile/paging file], might check that setting.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Windows use's far too much ram and resources to be honest..anti-malware running constantly..checking for updates all the time..there's nothing left..My disc shows 100% red nearly all the time..Microsoft Edge installer running..some sort of microsoft moduler running..system interupts running.what the hell is microsoft edge installer, installing?.it's madness.

Ask a Question