SOLVED Random BSOD Including 3 dumps

Reaction score
I am not the expert on this stuff but first, you are running an older version of Win 10 on a new system.. any reason?

I see errors regarding Memory corruption and tcpip.

Since you built the system, you probably have the correct memory configuration for it. Maybe do a memory test.

If you are overclocking stop any such operations.

Make sure all the cooling fans are running.

Take your system to the most basic operations you can. If it were to be related to one of your network adapters you can disable those.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The only driver that I saw referenced was rt640x64.sys
Which looks to be for a Realtek 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
I see errors regarding Memory corruption and tcpip.
So you might be onto something there.
do a memory test
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Reaction score
The only driver that I saw referenced was rt640x64.sys
Which looks to be for a Realtek 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver

So you might be onto something there.

Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Update, it now just crashes when it loads into windows, anywhere between 5 secs to a minute or so, I have attached a screenshot of the error incase it may help, also running memtest86.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bzt6s0x4xs9twnu/IMG_0285.JPG

(Pic is on mediafire as won't let me upload here)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you can get a minute out of it......
Quickly, click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Left column "Recovery" ->
Under the section labeled "Advanced startup", click the "Restart now" button.
Use that to see if you can traverse the subsequent pages to boot the system into Safe Mode and see if it is stable (free from crashing) in Safe Mode.
IF so then you might have a driver issue or a problem with a third party process.
IF not then you may have another problem that may be temperature related or a more complex hardware issue.
As mentioned above ..... run MemTest from the bootable CD to check your memory modules.

Reaction score
IF you can get a minute out of it......
Quickly, click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Left column "Recovery" ->
Under the section labeled "Advanced startup", click the "Restart now" button.
Use that to see if you can traverse the subsequent pages to boot the system into Safe Mode and see if it is stable (free from crashing) in Safe Mode.
IF so then you might have a driver issue or a problem with a third party process.
IF not then you may have another problem that may be temperature related or a more complex hardware issue.
As mentioned above ..... run MemTest from the bootable CD to check your memory modules.

Hello again, I've got windows to boot up again now by resetting it and updated the realtek driver. Also ran the memtest utility which gave these results;
http://www.mediafire.com/view/fcwzr7lcxpnibnw/memtest.PNG

Thanks for the help,
Josh

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Also ran the memtest utility which gave these results;
Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots.

Reaction score
Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots.
Hello, I haven't had chance yet to run the other tests however I just got another BSOD this time, I cant see it saying anything about a program causing it. If you could take a quick look and see if I missed anything that would be great.

Thanks,
Josh

http://www.mediafire.com/file/spekokpqzu8swzo/072817-5765-01.dmp

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
BugCheck 109, {a3a01cdbcabd5506, b3b729621d3f1c95, fffff80c631ecc4c, 1}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
This bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or
data have been corrupted. There are generally three causes for a corruption:
1) A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code
or data. See http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/kernel/64bitPatching.mspx
2) A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel
debugger that was not attached when the system was booted. Normal breakpoints,
"bp", can only be set if the debugger is attached at boot time. Hardware
breakpoints, "ba", can be set at any time.
3) A hardware corruption occurred, e.g. failing RAM holding kernel code or data.
Arguments:

Arg1: a3a01cdbcabd5506, Reserved
Arg2: b3b729621d3f1c95, Reserved
Arg3: fffff80c631ecc4c, Failure type dependent information
Arg4: 0000000000000001, Type of corrupted region, can be
0 : A generic data region
1 : Modification of a function or .pdata
2 : A processor IDT
3 : A processor GDT
4 : Type 1 process list corruption
5 : Type 2 process list corruption
6 : Debug routine modification
7 : Critical MSR modification

Reaction score
Is there any way you could update your system info or tell us about it. One of us may have the same system.

Disabling the Network Adaptors and Bluetooth in the Bios did not help?

Were you ever able to boot into Safe Mode and if so, was the system stable there?

Reaction score
Absolutely run memtest on one stick at a time. You almost definitely have a bad stick. A bad stick of ram will throw up all kinds of different errors and bsod. Take what the error messages say with a grain of salt.

Reaction score
Absolutely run memtest on one stick at a time. You almost definitely have a bad stick. A bad stick of ram will throw up all kinds of different errors and bsod. Take what the error messages say with a grain of salt.
Am just about to do that now.

Updated system specs

Sorry for long delays, I have had little time to get on the PC let alone run tests but thanks everyone for their help :)

Reaction score
Just a quick update, ran MemTest on each stick individually and one stick went through 10 passes fine but the other stick had errors after only 1 pass this time. Thank you all for your help :)

Ask a Question