SOLVED Rapport Service

Reaction score
Hi,

My PC has been running very slow since installing Win 10. I just checked the startup menu and have no idea what all the stuff is and if I really need it. Everything is listed as low, medium or high. There is one called Rapport Service which is marked high. What is this and do I need it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My PC has been running very slow since installing Win 10
It might help if we knew more about "My PC".
Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Complete Model Number and anything else you might care to include.
Processor, Amount of RAM, Amount of free space on the hard drive, how long you've been running Windows 10, what version and build of Windows 10, what you upgraded from (if it was an upgrade)?
Personally, I would clean boot the system
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Use the steps for Windows 8 / 8.1 (Same for Windows 10)
After disabling all Start Up items and non-Microsoft Services.
I'd run it like that for a day or two, make sure that all Windows Updates and Store Updates were current, and.....
Then I would slowly and deliberately begin reversing the clean boot beginning with the non-Microsoft Services one at a time or in very small groups of two or three, rebooting after each change and testing the computer's performance with those changes before proceeding further.

Ask a Question