SOLVED RDP

Reaction score
Any Ipad users tried the RDP facility?

I'm getting lazy and I'm using the Ipad on my knee - very convenient. After a bit of a struggle,working through the setup, I am, at this moment, Using my Windows 10 Laptop on the Ipad. Really cool!!
eg.This is what I am looking at right now on the Ipad.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I use RDP from my phone to PC quite regularly - it's really handy :). The Microsoft app for Android is very well designed too.

Reaction score
Ah Well. Cant be aware of everything. In my case - anything!
I have been using Teamviewer on my computers, and those of friends I help, for quite a while. I was talking to my son, regarding RDP, and he pointed out that Teamviewer could be installed on an Ipad!
Much easier to use - hardly any setup required, so I'll stick with that.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah TeamViewer is very good too - I tend to use that with friends that need tech help, as it's easier to set up than RDP.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I long ago abandoned the Microsoft RDP sessions for TeamViewer.
I have found Microsoft's new offering of "Quick Assist" relatively easy to use for some quick family and friend help.

The RDP (mstsc.exe) and its' associated listening port 3389 have been identified recently as an attack vector some of the recent ransomware infections.
That hasn't bothered me overly much as I always hack the registry and change the listening port to a random unused port of my choosing but I always found it a bit of a pain to do the router pinhole thing to port forward the protocol and port to the specific internal IP.

Ask a Question