Realtek USB Network adapter not working

Reaction score
I am not able to install my Realtek USB Network Adapter. Anyone run into this or have a suggestion of how i can resolve this.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you supply the exact ....
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number, Firmware version / Revision Number?

Reaction score
Realtek USB FE Family Controller, 8.11.0808.2013 ,

thats the info from the device manager for the unit on a windows 8.1 computer......

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Would you please check device manager / detail tab and change the dropdown arrow to Hardware Ids and post the contents of the value box. Should look something like this.
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_03
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200

Attachments

• HardwareIds.PNG
    HardwareIds.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,722

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've attached, what I believe to be the correct driver for your device.
You'll need to use the manual method of updating your device driver as described in the following.
Driver Install - Manual Method
  1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
According to Realtek they will work on both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 so they should be satisfactory for Windows 10, at least for the time being.
In the attached zip file you will find a 32 Folder and a 64 folder the drivers contained within are for their respective architecture. Please make sure you choose the proper one for your system..

Attachments

• Win8.zip
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,780
Reaction score
The adapter has driver files so when it sees that the driver is not correct it switches it to a cd drive in the device manager. I then have to unplug and RE plug it in to show back up as network adapter......

Reaction score
im going to take another run at the adapter today..... if it doesn't i guess i will look into getting a different brand adapter

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You may want to uninstall the device from device manager (you may be required to use the view menu to "show hidden devices if the USB Dongle is unplugged), including checking the box to include the existing drivers which don't seem to work anyway and then shut down your machine, plug in the device and then reboot your machine and see what happens.
If you're prompted for a driver then browse to the folder where you extracted the driver above.

Reaction score
thank you for all of your help and effort on this! i truly appreciate you taking your time out to help me with this.... i just installed 10130 and now it has started working working again.

Ask a Question