Recycle bin not working

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Windows 10 Dell laptop.

For some reason my recycle bin is not working. When I go to delete a file or folder, the recycle bin option does not come up. Instead, the only option that I see, is to delete the file or folder.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

recycle bin.png

are u sure.png

Reaction score
There needs to be a mark in the Display delete....... box to get that confirmation to show, at least is on all mine. That Recycle Bin choice can be bypassed by holding down the Shift key while pressing Del and some External or NAS drive may give only Permanent choice

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Windows 10 Dell laptop.

For some reason my recycle bin is not working. When I go to delete a file or folder, the recycle bin option does not come up. Instead, the only option that I see, is to delete the file or folder.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

View attachment 14339

View attachment 14340

When you delete a file, that file is moved to your Recycle Bin. When you Empty the Recycle Bin, the file is then deleted from your machine. So your Delete of a file only moves it to the Recycle Bin.

Ask a Question