SOLVED Red Circles with white X on some of my files

Reaction score
This just started to happen- I am getting red circles with a white X on some of my files, (see example below) - don't know why this started and don't know how to remove the circles. I need help in getting rid of this perplexing problem.

upload_2018-10-25_11-15-29.png

My Computer info-
upload_2018-10-25_11-27-29.png

Reaction score
The crosses normally indicate that your cloud backup (Google or MS) is not working or is full. See, in whichever you use, if you can clear them a little.

Reaction score
I am using Windows Version 1803- And YES I did have an upgrade a few days ago. I did some research and a lot of advice pointed to One Drive and it was full. I removed the files from One Drive and then a lot of the red circles were gone. I would like to REMOVE OneDrive from my system, could you please send instruction on how to do this?

Reaction score
Hi nownthen,

you can also go into Settings > Apps > Apps & Features and click on (almost) any app to uninstall it, I have already removed OneDrive from my system as I don't use Cloud Services from anywhere. Copy all your files to a home network storage device like a portable USB stick and you should be good. :):):)

upload_2018-10-27_7-4-24.png

Reaction score
Hi. The Link is possibly a little out of date, I think. In my (build 1809) the process is much simpler.
First, you should stop it. Click the small cloud in the notification area and you will see, at the bottom of the window, the option to disable it.
Do that, then scroll down the Windows start menu to one drive and right click. This will take you to the programs and features, and from there you can uninstall.

Reaction score
I have completely removed OneDrive from my system and for now my problem is solved - Thanks for all the help.

Ask a Question