Reinstalling Win 10

Reaction score
I had a working upgrade of Win 10 on my Dell Studio running an I 5 processor, 8 gigs of memory, and a 320gig hard drive. An application called RegCure Pro was running in the background and totaled the install of Win10 when it ran on its schedule. Is there a way to repair the Win 10 install similar to the Win 7 software? I can still log in to the machine, but no Win 10 apps work. Some report "no class" others just a blank screen.

TIA

Reaction score
Another PRIME example of the danger of using ANY registry cleaner.

To your question :
1. Uninstall that RegCure Pro garbage.
2. Assuming you can still access Settings............
Start button > Settings > Update & Security > left side, select Recovery > right side, under Reset This PC, click the Get Started button.
Hopefully that will bring you back to a stage where everything was working properly.

Side topic.
1. Have the habit of creating restore point regularly when thing is running A-OK.
2. Have the habit of creating System Image Backup regularly when things is running A-OK.

Those 2 will help you restoring back to a stage where everything is running smoothly.

Reaction score
adding.............
If you are successful resetting your pc, go to Programs and Features and make sure that registry cleaner is not listed. If it is listed, uninstall it, again.

Reaction score
Thanks for your input; after a few restarts, I was able to get to settings and do the restore. The system remained erratic so I have disabled some startup apps including the iCloud programs. Without the iCloud programs running things are stable for the moment.

Your advice was most helpful!

Ask a Question