Remote Desktop copies the desktop background from one computer to the other

Reaction score
I have been using Remote Desktop to access both a second computer and a laptop. Lately I have noticed that the computer I have logged into will have the same desktop background as the one I used to login from. When I close out Remote Desktop, the second computer retains the desktop background of the first. Kind of weird, but it didn't bother me too much. The last time I logged in from the laptop to the other computers, the desktop background from the laptop showed up on the other computers as has been happening. But, this time the folder where the pictures for the desktop background disappeared from the laptop after logging out. Multiple searches with Windows Explorer could not find the folder anywhere on the laptop which has a single 128GB drive. I am running Windows 10 home 1809 on the laptop and Windows 10 Pro 1903 on the other two computers. I restored the missing file, a picture file, on the laptop, but after restoring it, I found the new file had duplicates of all the pictures as if Windows had found the old file and just copied into it. Any help?

Reaction score
Thanks! I wasn't aware of the Windows Sync feature. I've turned off sync on my themes. I'll see how that works.

Ask a Question