Remove Driver Update Popup

Reaction score
How do I remove the dialog box telling me to update drivers ? I have automated updates from HP so I do not require a new program that wants to install on my computer. I'm confused as to whether it's from MicroSoft or some scam.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Can you provide an image of the prompt you are receiving? You can use the native Snipping Tool to capture a "New" window image.
It may help us better understand what is happening.
Typically driver updates from Microsoft would come by way of the Windows Update service and not present as a "driver update" exactly, although a driver update could be contained in Windows Update.

Reaction score
Never used snipping tool. I prefer not to do anything that might allow the sender any access to my computer. In the meantime can you tell me if this pop-up comes from MicroSoft or from a scam operator. I am experiencing several problems since downloading Windows10. I've removed all my apps then installed Windows10, now I am re-installing some of the apps. including SketchUp Make, NCH Golden Records, Google Earth. I've stopped using Hotmail and other MicroSoft programs.

Ask a Question