Remove subfolders from Search

jmc

Reaction score
In Windows 7 under Folder and Search options I could uncheck to include subfolders in a search. Is it possible to make this the default search in Windows 10? I only see the option to choose Current Folder in the Search Tools but that would have to be clicked for each new search. Thank you.

Reaction score
In Windows 7 under Folder and Search options I could uncheck to include subfolders in a search. Is it possible to make this the default search in Windows 10? I only see the option to choose Current Folder in the Search Tools but that would have to be clicked for each new search. Thank you.
Open a folder that contains sub folders. . The ribbon,top of page, has to be visible.

Click in the search box in the upper right hand side of the folder

In the ribbon,at the top of the page a Search Tab will appear. If the search box is not active, the Search Tab in the ribbon is not visible.

In the left side of the ribbon, you have a choice of Current Folder or All Subfolders

This seems to work for me.

jmc

Reaction score
Yes, I did find that option but that means that you have to unselect Subfolders prior to every search. In Windows7 you could make the default search to not include subfolders.

Ask a Question