Removed or deprecated features in Fall Update

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Microsoft has a list of some features and functions that will be gone in the "new" Fall Creators Update.
The one that I found most interestings is
System Image Backup (SIB) Solution
We recommend that users use full-disk backup solutions from other vendors.
AND.... their recommendation, which has been my approach to system images for years now.
It's marked as "deprecated" rather than "removed".
Personally, I "deprecated" it quite some time ago.

The list, which is "subject to change", is here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-fall-creators-up

Reaction score
Trouble Thanks! That's quite the list, I'm surprised Paint is on the deprecated chop block.
Problem with MS is that they haven't kept up with the times supporting their apps. Other vendors are technically way ahead of MS in many aspects.

Reaction score
I have used Macrium FREE thousands of times, it's FANTASTIC! MS was crap!

Reaction score
Trouble Thanks! That's quite the list, I'm surprised Paint is on the deprecated chop block.
Problem with MS is that they haven't kept up with the times supporting their apps. Other vendors are technically way ahead of MS in many aspects.

MS have confirmed that Pant will be available in the store as a free download. However, I have found that the 3d Paint works quite satifactory

Reaction score
I noticed that recently the annoying and useless menu for the headset options has disappeared, not sure if that was part of the update, but good riddance! When I plug in the headphone, the default I want is to mute the external speaker and play the audio through the headphone, just like it used to be! I don't care to have to choose or configure anything!

I noticed the Outlook Express was on the chop list. Didn't know it was still around! When it was around, I liked it, easy to use! Too bad there isn't a "sunset" version like they did with MS Money, which I like and have used since it came out, but had to switch to the "sunset" version.

Reaction score
Update to my last post: I no sooner said some praise about the headset menu going away when the %$#@! thing came back after about a couple of months of unexplained absence! Yes, there is an option to turn it off, but problem is the menu does not always default to the last choice you used, which in my case is mute external and go to headset when I plug it in. So when I turned off the menu, it decided to cause a fight with my wife by NOT MUTING THE EXTERNAL when I plugged in the headset! I managed to find out how to turn the menu back on (not an easy task) and have left it there.

I
HATE
HATE
HATE
WINDOWS 10!

Ask a Question