Renaming folders and scrolling

Reaction score
Since Windows 10, when I try to rename a file, I right click allowing the file box to open. But as soon as I try to rename the folder, it closes out. If I just type in a few letters before it closes out, eventually I can get it renamed, but it takes multiple tries and is very time consuming.
Also, if I scroll down a page using the bar on the right hand side, the page continues to go back up to the top.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Reaction score
You may have some type of mouse issue. Are you using a system with a touchpad?

I have seen issues in these forums where I cannot scroll unless I change the font by hitting CTRL-Mouse Wheel to increase or decrease the magnification.

There have also, in the past, been times where something on the system was stealing focus. When you try to rename a file, does another window become active?

Of course, a low battery can also cause random problems.

Reaction score
I am using the same mouse, HP computer is two years old, and no touch pad.
I have not noticed a different window becoming active and having trouble renaming a file, but i thought I read somewhere the renaming and scrolling can be effected by pictures on the desktop changing (rotating in and out). Have you heard of this? Seems silly that I should have to delete my personal pictures from the desktop.
How I wish I could go back to an older version.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you are using a slide show as your Windows Background, it is known to cause similar issues.
Try this before testing with a static background
Click the start button and then click settings, click personalization, select Colors from the left column.
Turn the slider "Off" under "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" slide it to the left = OFF

Ask a Question