Request to "Print" brings up Fax recipient form.

Reaction score
Not sure where this problem belongs. I'm using Windows 10 on new Lenovo laptop. When I open a folder of jpeg images, select those I want and then select "Print" I get the print screen, select "contact" sheet, and hit "print." I immediately get a FAX recipient screen, even though I have done nothing involving FAX. When I cancel that FAX screen, I'm immediately back to basic file -- no printing possible. Some setting is incorrect somewhere, but I have no clue where to look or what to change. Any help out there in Windows-land?

Reaction score
Go into Settings, Devices, Printers then right-click it's icon, in the upper half of the context menu assure the printer is selected as Default, a green checkmark on it. It's not uncommon for multi-function devices needing adjustments.

Reaction score
All you need to do is open up your Printer Control Panel and locate the OfficeJet 6500 (or the name of your printer).
Then just right-click it and select Set as Default Printer.
This will make all of your print jobs print by default rather than try to fax by default.

Ask a Question