Reset failed at "Just a moment"

Reaction score
I have read a lot of horror stories about failures of upgrades to complete that mirror my problems. The Sept. 17th update stalled out during installation. I could barely use the laptop after that as the starting process to get to the desktop was taking about a half hour to appear. I tried several fixes, but finally decided to do a complete reset since it was a new computer and didn't have much on it so a wipe and reinstall of windows 10 was an option I was willing to try.

However, the process didn't go as expected. I got a Cortana page that requested some information and then a message came on that says "Just a moment". That was it. I've tried to restart a number of times and get the same "Just a Moment" response. I can't get to a safe opening or any other page. What I have now is a three month old computer that appears to be fit only for duty as a door stop.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Ask a Question