Reset this PC

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just finished upgrading to 10 and I'd like to reset everything to factory. My question is: If I choose the restore factory settings option (which restores my PC to it's original OS), will that reset me back to Windows 8, or is my original OS now considered 10?

Reaction score
It should take you back to what you originally had when the machine was new. You'd have to do the Windows 10 upgrade again.

Alternately, you could try and do a clean install of Windows 10. You'd need to extract the key from your current upgraded Windows 10.

Reaction score
It should take you back to what you originally had when the machine was new. You'd have to do the Windows 10 upgrade again.

Alternately, you could try and do a clean install of Windows 10. You'd need to extract the key from your current upgraded Windows 10.
Calab you are wrong. If you go to Rest PC you can do a clean install which cleans all files from hard drive and reinstalls windows 10. You don't need a key. Only problem is once you do this you can't go back to other system. Takes about 5+ hours. You don't touch anything. It will seem as it is hung up at 99% as it stays there for hours. I know this to be true cause I did pc and laptop between last night and today. If you download files from windows website then you will need a key for 10 unless you have qualifying system. Both my Windows 10 systems are activated and I never entered a key. Better back everything up or use one drive for important files.

Reaction score
Calab you are wrong. If you go to Rest PC you can do a clean install which cleans all files from hard drive and reinstalls windows 10. You don't need a key. Only problem is once you do this you can't go back to other system. Takes about 5+ hours. You don't touch anything. It will seem as it is hung up at 99% as it stays there for hours. I know this to be true cause I did pc and laptop between last night and today. If you download files from windows website then you will need a key for 10 unless you have qualifying system. Both my Windows 10 systems are activated and I never entered a key. Better back everything up or use one drive for important files.
I'm assuming that LeBrayn was going to use the system / BIOS "restore PC" functionality.

Ask a Question