Restart Loop During Boot...

Reaction score
hlw guyz.
I am stuck in restart loop.
Last night my laptop took an automatic update.so before shutting down i selected "install updates and shut down"
Today morning while starting my laptop i find "automatic repair" screen followed by "diagonise pc" screen.
After that "your pc ran into a problem and needs restart.we will restart for u" screen comes and laptop restarts again.

now i can not go to safe mode by pressing shift + F8. I can not get in to windows and no other option comes.
i can only get in to bios setup by F2.

in this situation how to make my laptop alright.

Thanks in advance....

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boot from the installation media.
The installation media can be obtained through either of these two resources.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options. Use the command prompt option. It should look something like this
CommandPrompt.JPG

In the command prompt window type
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
hit enter
after you see "command completed successfully" type
exit
hit enter
reboot your PC and tap the F8 key (no shift key required) and it should work for you as it has in the past.
IF it works and it should you should see your legacy options, you could try last known good or Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.

Ask a Question