Restore taking forever

Reaction score
New HP Laptop, came with Win 8, installed 10, everything was fine UNTIL - I tried installing Asus Bluetooth adapter software, and apps wouldn't open, computer had trouble starting, etc. So I am trying to restore to point Win 10 recommends before installing the Asus software - however, the System Restore "Preparing to restore your system..." window has been churning for almost 2 hrs. I'm about ready to cut power, and try to restart. Should I keep waiting?

Any help is appreciated - thanks.

Reaction score
Why don't you just simply UN-install the Bluetooth adaptor and see if that will solve the issue ?

Reaction score
Why don't you just simply UN-install the Bluetooth adaptor and see if that will solve the issue ?
That was the first thing I tried (sorry I should have mentioned that). It did uninstall, but I still had problems, so I tried to restore. Still churning...

Reaction score
yes. System restore does take a long time. I never did like using it.

I am afraid I am of no use to you.
Sorry.

Reaction score
Well I finally got tired of waiting and turned it off by holding down the power button, rebooted several times - still the same problem. Then, lo and behold, about the 5th time rebooting, everything came back! Before the windows button wouldn't even work. I don't know about Win 10 - I don't have control over the boot sequence at startup, for example, like Win 7 and before. Time will tell.

Reaction score
Now that you are back in business, I would suggest that you do system image backup in regular basis.
I do that about once a week or right after a bunch of update just being installed.
System Image backup helped me restoring the system many times. To simplify the explanation, it works just like system restore.

You will need an external hard drive.
Connect the external hard drive to the computer > go to Control Panel > File History > bottom left, click System image backup > top left, click Create a system image > and just follow the prompts.
Approx time around 35 minutes.

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Turned my laptop off and on again multiple times, still no luck. I've even left it on over night and its still restoring. Anyone have any solutions to this?

Ask a Question