Restoring From System image to RAID 0

Reaction score
Hello anyone.
I recently had a problem with 1 disk in a RAID 0 configuration, Dell studio. I was able to create backup and system image on external drive. I replaced both HDD in RAID 0 with larger HDD's. Using Recovery disk created from W10 backup, when I try to restore it tells me disk is too small. Each disk is larger than recovery disk.

Thank you in advance for any help

Chris

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Was the raid array hardware? IF so, do you have the replacement disks configured similarly (as raid zero)
IF it was a dynamic disk software raid array then I'm not sure how you would proceed.
In either or possibly both instances, you may be stuck with....
Reinstalling Windows and then doing the System Image Recovery. The native System Image program may not be robust enough to support a bare metal restore given the previous configuration it was created under and the current configuration you are trying to restore to.
I'm sorry, as I just don't have enough genuine experience with the native Windows System Image process, as I use Acronis True Image for all my disk imaging and backup needs.

Reaction score
Was the raid array hardware? IF so, do you have the replacement disks configured similarly (as raid zero)
IF it was a dynamic disk software raid array then I'm not sure how you would proceed.
Reinstalling Windows and then doing the System Image Recovery. The native System Image program may not be robust enough to support a bare metal restore given the previous configuration it was created under and the current configuration you are trying to restore to.
I'm sorry, as I just don't have enough genuine experience with the native Windows System Image process, as I use Acronis True Image for all my disk imaging and backup needs.

Hello anyone.
I recently had a problem with 1 disk in a RAID 0 configuration, Dell studio. I was able to create backup and system image on external drive. I replaced both HDD in RAID 0 with larger HDD's. Using Recovery disk created from W10 backup, when I try to restore it tells me disk is too small. Each disk is larger than recovery disk.

Thank you in advance for any help

Thank you for the reply. I believe the RAID 0 is software. I may try to restore in a to a non RAID config and then activate RAID 0.

Thanks again

Ask a Question