Revert back to Windows 7

Reaction score
i Guys I loaded the free w10 over win 7 and its stuffed up every thing example I lost the bluetiooth from working I tried to find the radeon drivers but nothing works ,question is can I do a recovery and re load win 7 from my hp laptop recovery f11 or what ever f?? thanks graham

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
There's a 30 day option to do that...if it's been longer than 30 days, then I'm afraid not. Go to all settings, update/security, then click the recovery tab on left, there should be an option to revert back to 7.

Alternatively, you can do factory reset if this is an OEM PC by using the manufacturers factory recovery software and the hidden D drive that contains the system image. This will take it back to the day it was taken out of the box for the first time.

Reaction score
If it's over the 30 days the you would have to do a factory reset. It could be any F key, Different manufactures use different methods. Google your model number along with a phrase like factory reset or system reset.

Reaction score
There's a 30 day option to do that...if it's been longer than 30 days, then I'm afraid not. Go to all settings, update/security, then click the recovery tab on left, there should be an option to revert back to 7.

Alternatively, you can do factory reset if this is an OEM PC by using the manufacturers factory recovery software and the hidden D drive that contains the system image. This will take it back to the day it was taken out of the box for the first time.

Which may involve the OS loading updates for most of a day! depending on whether the original machine was past SP

Reaction score
y answer there should say past W7 SP1 so that the OEM restore image already had SP1. The machine must have had SP1 applied or it would not have had W10 update in the first place.

Reaction score
I had saved a system image of my win 7 laptop before upgrading to Win 10. The 30 day window had expired months ago. Reinstalling the Win 7 image worked for me, I just had to install a few updates to bring it back the OS back to real time. Gotta luv system images images. No excuses today not to have one or two back up images.

Reaction score
I did something different here. My PC (one of the three) was upgraded to WIN 10 Home in Aug.2015, and later didn't like Ten. So, I best thought of a way to keep Ten on the hard drive and have Seven OS again. So, I bought a new Seagate hard drive and taken my Windows 7 Home disc and loaded Seven on it. Now I have Windows 7 OS back, and if and when Microsoft will pay me to use Windows 10, I have the Windows 10 hard drive to insert in the PC.

Reaction score
Been There Your free for 4 years. LOL
I haven't used Windows 10 in over a week or since I got robbed of 3 GB bandwidth that I pay for, not MS to update other machines with their delivery optimization. To be honest I don't miss Win 10, It's nothing more than Win 7 with a new skin and useless apps that I don't have a need for.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would think we all taken Win7 for granted when it came out, until we upgraded to WIn10 and somehow life on a computer meant something. I know that Win10 may be a "small" fraction running faster than Win7, but Win 7 makes it a greyhound over the Win10 in so many ways. I think we most didn't appreciate Win7 till Win10 reared it's ugly head.

Ask a Question