Review

Reaction score
Be sure and put yours. Anyhow here is mine,
1. To many duplicate folders that now require an authorization.
2. Windows 7 works better for an upgrade than 8.1.
3. Not enough support for older equipment.
4. Must do a clean install to get rid of problems.
5. Feels like windows phone.
6. Only 30 days to see if you like it. After that you are stuck with Windows 10 if you do upgrade.
Now the good.
1. Fast
2. No BSOD
3. Apps work within Desktop.
4. Notification Tab.
5. Takes load off CPU while it is running. Both components are staying in reduced speed mode which means less electricity and products lasting longer.
6. Calendar

Overall I love windows 10. I personally don't miss charms anyhow I was used to them. I learned 8.1 now this feels like a step back on some things but a step forward on others. I like the tiles on task bar for quick access with the ability to open them on desktop. I have a Windows Phone so most is familiar to me. Notifications are better and sync seems to work pretty good but could be better. Edge is an unfinished product. If you search alot with going back a page it will give you script instead of page but if you start over everything is ok. I will stick to Chrome at this time. Had a problem with drivers for my NVIDIA gforce 430 which is older but after a restart everything is good. It doesn't seem to know I am on Laptop as it has Intel graphics and drivers it put was Windows 7. When you shut lid then open it states Windows 7 driver for video stop working then recovered. Also the laptop after being closed awhile will shutdown. I know there is a setting but not worried about it since wife only goes to Facebook app. Speaking of which they still haven't fixed Facebook app from 8.1. You can't go to games from it and it takes to long to do anything from app. Mail app is a joke as it was in 8.1. I set up everything which works but app will only check every 2 hours or will learn you so it can decide. How about let me decide? I do believe they will make improvements over time but at this time it needs lots of interaction if you do upgrade instead of clean install. I still think they should have given a download in Store that you can format before installing without needing a key. As of now you have to do upgrade first then clean install.

Reaction score
Must do a clean install to get rid of problems........I think this is a must, I upgraded from Win 7 and had all sorts of problems, mail, user profiles etc etc, now done a clean install and all good and well (so Far) plus it runs much faster than doing the upgrade..........

Ask a Question