Review

Reaction score
First off let me start by diving right in with clean installs on both systems to avoid problems. 1 HP laptop and 1 Dell PC.
1.Edge has problems such as if you hit the back button it goes to script so you have to go back and start over easily solved with Chrome.
2. I couldn't find drivers for Canon printer so I installed with disc from when I bought new couple years ago which worked out great.
3. Bought a new wireless keyboard off clearance at Office Depot for less than 30.00. (Logitech MK520) The only key that doesn't seem to work is Print Screen.
4. Grandkids caught on rather easily. (9-7-5) They seemed to like XBox games on 10 as well as Youtube. Neither one of them have a problem getting to sites or playing the games.
5. Love games that comes with 10 especially the XBox games. (I don't own a Xbox)
6. SYNC seems to work well. I have a Windows 8 phone and all appointments I put in (doesn't matter which one) goes to all my components.
7. Lost my 98 quicken so I had to replace it. Bought a 2001 Deluxe version since no registration is needed to use locally. Installed from disc and only problem I have is no Help since windows needs a certain program installed. I don't worry about it.
8. Seems like everything I have thrown at system it handles it rather easily. 14 programs are in task bar and don't know how many apps are running but I know it over 3 cause I get warnings that over 3 apps could slow you down which doesn't seem to be happening.
9. I had 8.1 since it came out and one thing I liked was start menu. Windows 10 start menu is just as easy to work with. I put programs on Start Menu for ease of location which works great.
10. Overall I think 10 will be around for awhile as well as become very popular. If Microsoft could fix some of the bugs that people are having it would be great. I love the ease as well as setup of the way 10 works. So glad that older programs work as well as newer ones. The SNYC is great for people that have more than one component they work on. One Drive saves me space although I really don't need more since I listen to Pandora or watch Netflix. So as you can tell I like 10 but also know it could be better.

Reaction score
Print Screen, and Alt+Print Screen work fine on my PC's. I just paste them in Irfanview.

The Windows Key+Print Screen won't work on mine :( . I only have one Windows Key on my keyboard, and had to remove it. It would minimize Battlefield 3 and 4 in the middle of playing if I hit it by accident.

Reaction score
I changed a few builds ago to the snipping tool. Offers a few more choices than print screen

Reaction score
no combination of keys + Printscreen works on my W10 machine Windows Key + Print screen dims the display for a moment but nothing else happens. Printer works fine.

Reaction score
Here to. Windows+print screen gives me a screen shot in pictures. I always used ctrl+p to print for years. Thanks I didn't know it was giving a screenshot in pictures, Learn something new everyday, Maybe it should state screen shot LOL.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
no combination of keys + Printscreen works on my W10 machine Windows Key + Print screen dims the display for a moment but nothing else happens. Printer works fine.
As I mentioned it makes a screen shot of whatever is on your screen and puts the .jpg or png in your screenshots directory in picturers

Reaction score
I had been using printscreen then copying clipboard into paint then saving to pictures. I'm not into keyboard shortcuts but this one is worthwhile. Another one I like is Alt+spacebar to bring up a top left menu to adjust oversize windows using arrow keys.

Reaction score

I concur.
THAT is what has happened to my Win key + PrtSc...... dim the screen momentarily.
I used to be able to "print" the entire screen by simply pressing PrtSc by itself.
I used that key countless times.
But, just lately, since installing Win 10 Home, print screen key does not work anymore.

Furthermore, my other laptop now running Win 10 Pro build 10532 (th2_release 10532 Professional) has no problem using print screen key alone.

Both laptops have SnagIt 9 installed. So, it is not SnagIt running the interference.

Reaction score
Win 10 Home RTM

This is going to sound weird. It does not make sense, but.........
The only way I can use the print screen key is by installing Picpick.

print screen.jpg

Reaction score
I just tried Prntscrn on my stationary and three laptops. In my case it is a shift prntscreen combination and Fn prnt scrn in the laptops

Trouble. "Maybe another disappointing Universal App." yep. I am hanging on the fence with the same doubt on that one.
I still enjoy the extra options in the existing snipping tool , though, rather than the straightforward prnt scrn.

Ask a Question