SOLVED Running out of Disk Space

Reaction score
This past 2 weeks when I perform an Acronis system Image on a USB external HDD. I have received a message that says something like "You are running low on available disk space When In reality I have >1TB of free space available. I just click on ignore and the Imaging proceeds successfully. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the root cause may be?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IS it an Acronis message or a Windows message?
Are any of your drives or partitions actually low on available space?

Reaction score
Trouble Now you have me thinking.
I believe it's an Acronis message, and yes, I do have a partition that has a small amount of available space probably < 50MB. That I can fix easily.
I didn't realize until yesterday, that Windows requires around 200MB of free disk space for storing temp %Windows.Temp files. Acronis disk manager must be the same, it's giving me a heads up before I select a partition. Sometimes "We can't see the forest for the trees"

Thanks!

Reaction score
Trouble FYI
I found the reason why Acronis disk manager was giving me the error messages "The target drive is running out of disk space" When performing a system image. A month or so back I performing regular images and back ups on a 1TB USB HD until it failed last month. I reverted to using a second 300 GB HD so as I would still have system backups available.
I just checked Acronis "Tools and Utilities" and found the free space threshold was set for 5TB.:rolleyes: I reset it to a more reasonable value for the 300GB HD. No more messages. ;)

Ask a Question