Safe mide still doesn't work

Reaction score
Hi This is my first time posting on here but I really need some help. I recently bought an Hp pavilion lap top at Christmas with Windows 10 installed. Since then I have had issues with mail syncing issues that I did a complete restore to resolve for a short period of time ( not working again) then I recently had an issue with a critical error message with start up menu. My friend found me a link on this form to resolve that issue by going into safe mode. I just tried this last night and now Windows does not accept my password. I have tried the suggestions of ms password vs pin and it still does not recognize. My wife has an account aswell and I can log in with her password but I can not access boot menu because she is not set as an admin. As soon as I try it asks for my password again and it will not recognize it there either. I am not very computer savey but really need some help with this please. Please help me walk through this. Thanks for all replies. Ps I am still locked in safe mode

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Try Safe Mode with Networking instead.

That has internet access and then your Microsoft password ought to be accepted

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Keep in mind that "Safe Mode" by definition loads only a minimal set of drivers and as a consequence if you are using input devices (keyboard and or mouse) that are wireless or require specific proprietary drivers they may not work in Safe Mode or even Safe Mode with Networking.
Just a thought.

Reaction score
I am unable to change it because I cant get past the log in screen except under my wifes account but I cant change anything because she is not an admin. Unless there is another way to enter safe mode with networking? Thanks for the reply.

Ask a Question