Safe to shop?

Reaction score
If windows doesn't update because of hard drive space on mini laptop, but defender does. Is it still safe to shop online.

Reaction score
The parts of Defender, the code itself and the database are tiny compared to Windows so they will contunie to correctly update and work as long as the installed version of Windows is supported. So yes.

Reaction score
Thanks Tim, I've found out that Acer in their infinite wisdom actually lock the hard drives on these mini things to windows only, so no one can change it. And its easy on the old arthritis to use with it being so light.

Reaction score
Exactly what model Acer is it? I had an emachines (which Acer took over) netbook, which was actually a rebranded Acer Aspire One. I had no problems running various versions of linux on it.

Reaction score
Acer Aspire ES1-132, checked it out last week and it appears there's nothing can be done with the hard drive. Also saw a review on Amazon of a chap who'd got the same thing and was complaining of the same situation.

Ask a Question