SOLVED Samsung 850 EVO 500 Gb

Reaction score
I have and use one of these but I removed the magician Software. It is still being trimmed and I do not see any drop in performance. Since the lsat update it would not even start with Windows.. Is this OK to do??

Reaction score
I have a couple systems built around Samsung SSDs and I don't use the Magician software either. I found it intrusive, hogging resources and it prevented one of my systems from going into sleep mode. So I removed it, with no regrets.

Windows 10 knows how to manage SSDs just fine.

Reaction score
intrusive, hogging resources, strange, I don't even know its there with little resources used
less than 6mb

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 561
Reaction score
intrusive, hogging resources, strange, I don't even know its there with little resources used
less than 6mb
Well, I have to admit, it was several years ago when I first tried it so they may have fine tuned it by now. But still, I see no use for it. Newer versions of Windows know how to efficiently use and maintain SSDs just fine without the need for any man-in-the-middle software. I see Magician in the same light as the HUGE suite of junk we don't need printer makers want to foist on our systems when all we need is the basic drivers to print just fine.

I guess bottom line is, if you want to try it go for. If you don't see any improvement, uninstall it.

Ask a Question