Samsung laptops

Reaction score
Hello, recently received an email from Samsung stating that my laptop cannot convert to Win 10. Thanks a lot Samsung as I have already done it and yes I have problems with sound and vision driver problems. This is not only Samsung's fault but Microsoft too. As before I changed to Win 10 they stated my laptop was OK to upgrade. Thanks a lot Microsoft, between the two of you my laptop is almost useless. Cannot go back to factory setting as this was on my partition disk which Win 10 wiped, thanks again Microsoft. Samsung do not have my factory settings download available.
My advice to anyone who has a Samsung computer and has not yet upgraded to Win 10. DON'T DO IT.
Samsung sent me a list of their computers that can be upgraded but mine was not on the list.
Samsung state they have very close relations with Microsoft over the Win 10 upgrade.
Well if my experience is a result of close relations God help the rest of us contemplating a Win 10 upgrade.
Never trust Microsoft again and certainly never ever buy Samsung products in future.
Many forums also agree with me about Samsung problems regarding Win 10.

Reaction score
Hello, recently received an email from Samsung stating that my laptop cannot convert to Win 10. Thanks a lot Samsung as I have already done it and yes I have problems with sound and vision driver problems. This is not only Samsung's fault but Microsoft too. As before I changed to Win 10 they stated my laptop was OK to upgrade. Thanks a lot Microsoft, between the two of you my laptop is almost useless. Cannot go back to factory setting as this was on my partition disk which Win 10 wiped, thanks again Microsoft. Samsung do not have my factory settings download available.
My advice to anyone who has a Samsung computer and has not yet upgraded to Win 10. DON'T DO IT.
Samsung sent me a list of their computers that can be upgraded but mine was not on the list.
Samsung state they have very close relations with Microsoft over the Win 10 upgrade.
Well if my experience is a result of close relations God help the rest of us contemplating a Win 10 upgrade.
Never trust Microsoft again and certainly never ever buy Samsung products in future.
Many forums also agree with me about Samsung problems regarding Win 10.

It's not that big of a deal - that is IF you have recovery disks (CDs) that have the original OS that came with your PC/notebook, and/or if you have the original OS CD that came with your PC/notebook when you originally bought it.

These are old OS, which are compatible with the Windows 10 upgrade / free .ISO image file download: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

Also, have you even tried to your PC/notebook with Windows 10 upgraded/installed on it?

If you have does your PC/notebook work well with Windows 10 on it.

If your answer to both of these questions is "no", try using your PC/notebook with Windows 10 on it and see if it works correctly.

After you've tried both of the steps typed above, contact us here on Windows 10 Forums again with any issues you are currently having your notebook.

Finally, if your notebook came with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8 and/or Windows 8.1 pre-installed on itself when you originally bought your notebook should work fine, regardless of what SAMSUNG e-mail read.

In conclusion, the following Windows OS are incompatible with Windows 10: 95, 98, ME, 2000 and XP.

Ask a Question