Saucy HP

Bif

Reaction score
Greetings all!..hope everyone faired well over the holidays!
Well, with not even booting up my HP for over a week..I did so for the first time this morning with interengly bizarre results.
A half dozen or so taskbar icons were MIA although "physically" still there when hovered over, checked this forum as well as scanned the net to find a possible fix..with finding everything from registry hacks to a full clean install ( a tad extreme imo )
So I ran the tried and true SFC /SCANNOW and it found and repaired a host of corrupted files..now how/when/why yada yada this happened is beyond me as everything was running like a top when last I powered down a week ago.
Gremlins perhaps?..maybe the Grinch?...or just one of those things best left to the imagination.
Anyway, all is back as it should be..
Just a side note...St. Nick surprised us with brand new shiny Samsung Galaxy phones... forever retiring the aging Nokia Lumia 520 running Windows mobile 8.1..
Kinda liking Android Marshmallow.. slick system!

Reaction score
Marshmellow?? o_O you got an old system, actual is Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Android 8 (Oreo) being released soon.
Might want to update....:D:D;)

Bif

Reaction score
you got an old system, actual is Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Android 8 (Oreo) being released soon.
This is what I hear Grizzly, patiently waiting for the Nougat update..not interested into an APK install but will wait for the update when offered.

Reaction score
Patience Bif indeed, I don't think Android phones update the OS on it, mine doesn't, it has Android 6 on it and there is no way I can upgrade it!. :(
Yes they do, if the manufacturer releases it. When I got my G6 it had Android 6 (Marshmellow) on it. I wasn't even finished setting it up when the upgrade to Android 7 (Nougat) came through. It depends on the manufacturer if they deem the phone fit for an upgrade. My G3 that I had before ran on Android 5 (Lollipop) but was able to run Android 6. It never came....

Bif

Reaction score
Any ideas as to why I encountered the odd Taskbar Icon issue anyone?.. that was a first for me.