SOLVED Save new icon

Reaction score
I have created a new icon file. It has been converted to a .ico but can't attach here. I would like to save it to Win10's default location, but it is a .dll file. Any suggestions, please?

Attachments

• MyBanner-Logo-2.png
    MyBanner-Logo-2.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Here you go....
thank you so much, but I already converted the file to .ico. What I need is to be able to move this .ico file to the default file in win10. The only file I can find is %systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll and I cannot open a .dll file nor do I know how to handle a .dll file. I need to know where the .dll file gets the .ico file(s)/.

Reaction score
thank you so much, but I already converted the file to .ico. What I need is to be able to move this .ico file to the default file in win10. The only file I can find is %systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll and I cannot open a .dll file nor do I know how to handle a .dll file. I need to know where the .dll file gets the .ico file(s)/.
You can assign an icon to an exe file or to a shortcut to an exe file. AFAIK dll files do not have icons because they can't run as a process.

Ask a Question