SOLVED Scanning....not like it use to be...

Reaction score
With windows 8 my HP 3520 had an icon for scaning which went to the hp scan screen and you could scan documents to doc or other type files and pictures to jpg or other type picture files. Now windows 10 will not allow or hp doesn't have the technology to have that capability. All you get is scan in the devices and printers set or the scan app.....both of these only scan to pict type files hence you can't edit them in word processors. Got a fix......very frustrated!

Reaction score
I have tried several downloads.....I will do that one and see what happens.....very frustrated. When I went to windows they said to get the scan app and I did......now I am stuck with having to sign into my computer every time I want to get to my files........hope it won't get worse.

Reaction score
Why, when I tried to get the windows scan app am I now required to sign on to my own computer every time I open it. Can this be changed or am I stuck in the windows store shop

Reaction score
OK I can now scan but we use to be able to scan to a doc file, now only tif, jpg, bmp........no doc. I can scan to pfd but can get that to a doc either......about ready to go back to pen and paper!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Seems to me that in order to scan to a document format you need an additional bit of software to augment the normal twain driver.
Going back in my memory I think the prevalent software was something called ISIS

Ask a Question