Schedule Windows 10 Updates to happen between 2am and 8am

Reaction score
I have Hughes Net as my internet provider and only have 15G of data available to me during a 31 day period between the hours of 8am and 2am the next day. I have 50G of data available be tween 2am and 8am. I have not upgraded from 8.1 to 10 because I don't see where I can schedule the updates to happen at a specific time. With 8.1 I have the Notify me when updates are available and I manually do the updates before 8am. My question is "Can I control when updates are downloaded in Windows 10 ?"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are methods to prevent updates over metered connections for both cellular and wifi connections I believe, however.....
At this point there is nothing similar available for wired Ethernet connections as far as I know.
Windows 10 may not be a good option for you, as in addition to updates it also uses your internet connection for various other processes in the normal course of its' operating, so.....
You may notice quite a bit of data consumption just in normal everyday use of the OS.

Reaction score
You go to start. Run. Type go edit.msc. Will open your group user policy. Once there you got to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update and in there u will enable and follow the steps there depending on how you would like your updates to run. Remember to please create a restore point before doing any of the above.

Reaction score
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update. Last step from here would ofcoz be configure windows update. Left out that step. Sorry. Good luck if you still needing this. I saw the post was ages ago

Ask a Question