SOLVED Scheduled restore points

Reaction score
The link you posted is an old link. Windows has gone through many builds in the last year. I believe that MS actually hid the Restore shortcut in the Creator update.
MS want to discourage users from using this feature and is turned OFF by default and wants to direct users to use the Restore "Reset this PC" that's found in settings. I think we may see the Cntrl pnl native "Restore" disappear soon. Personally I do use it, but it's a resource hog and MS wish to eliminate this feature to keep OS resources to a minimum.

Reaction score
Hi Tony,

open Control Panel > System > Advanced Settings > System Protection > Protection Settings > Turn on system protection > Configure, make your choices and "Apply":

recovery.JPG

Highlight the drive you want to protect and choose the amount of disk space to use.

recovery 2.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll do it manually. What does 'reset this PC' actually do?

Reaction score
It resets the PC to a new system, you can choose to keep your files if you wish!. All apps you installed will be wiped!. ;)

Reaction score
System Restore is a safety net, but usually all restore points are wiped with new MS versions. Regular disk imaging is the best for preserving your working system.

Reaction score
I do do disk imaging but it's the 'regular' that I find slips me by. Thanks for the info from you both.

Reaction score
Tonyclo Easy to forget been there. I make a habit now of what I call Image Monday. Every Monday I create a new image in advance of MS Update Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question