SOLVED Screen / icons magnifying automatically!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I tried to perform a search on this topic but couldn't find anything so I apologize if this has been discussed before.

I have a HP Envy 14-2160. I have Windows 10 Technical Pro installed on a partition drive. I am having a issue where the desktop icons and internet browser (Spartan and Chrome) are zooming to 300 % - 500 % automatically. When I change the zoom to 100% in the browsers, the screen will zoom in automatically shortly after.

I have no idea how to make my icons smaller on my desktop, but to give you an idea of how big they are..there are 3 icons on the desktop that cover half of a 13 inch screen! I've noticed that this issue occurs mainly when I touch my touch-pad near the top left corner. My touch-pad runs Synaptics drivers. Everything looks ok with those drivers and settings. Something else that I noticed is that there is a LED light illuminating on my touchpad that normally comes on when I disable the touchpad (Windows 7), but with Windows 10 it is always on and the touchpad works normal.

Has anyone else experience this? What would you guys recommend? Should I unistall/reinstall touchpad drivers or just deal until the final version is released?

Reaction score
Actually guys, just figured out this is happening because of a finger gesture. Just have to figure out how to disable. Mods .. feel free to close or delete thread.

Reaction score
Actually guys, just figured out this is happening because of a finger gesture. Just have to figure out how to disable. Mods .. feel free to close or delete thread.
If you solved it glenten I would appreciate your posting the solution before declaring it solved. Why am I here? Because I have the same problem. Did you solve it? What is the gesture? Did you discover how to disable it?

Ask a Question