Screen keeps auto-rotating

Reaction score
My screen keeps auto rotating even tho I have auto rotating off why wont it stop rotating i even went to regedit and went to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation" and turn it off but it just keeps auto rotating i want it to never rotate ever again its really annoying.

Reaction score
You might tell us what type of device you are working with. On my Desktop the screen orientation seems to be controlled in the video settings. If you are running in Tablet mode perhaps going to desktop mode might help.

Reaction score
You might tell us what type of device you are working with. On my Desktop the screen orientation seems to be controlled in the video settings. If you are running in Tablet mode perhaps going to desktop mode might help.
well no im not on tablet mode i have a laptop windows 10 pc that can flip into a tablet but i use it mainly for laptop than tablet as i already have a mobile device

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a Dell 2 in 1 but haven't decided yet. I feel using a touchscreen by reaching over a keyboard doesn't work well so I would probably set it to stand by itself and the screen would have to invert for that to work.

Such screen orientation on a 2 in 1, since the keyboard is disabled when the top opens past a certain point, may not just be in a driver but may be something basic to the system itself. Sorry I can't help with that.

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a Dell 2 in 1 but haven't decided yet. I feel using a touchscreen by reaching over a keyboard doesn't work well so I would probably set it to stand by itself and the screen would have to invert for that to work.

Such screen orientation on a 2 in 1, since the keyboard is disabled when the top opens past a certain point, may not just be in a driver but may be something basic to the system itself. Sorry I can't help with that.
ok fml i guess i have to just get used to the crtl alt up to fix the proplem

Reaction score
well no im not on tablet mode i have a laptop windows 10 pc that can flip into a tablet but i use it mainly for laptop than tablet as i already have a mobile device

My screen keeps auto rotating even tho I have auto rotating off why wont it stop rotating i even went to regedit and went to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation" and turn it off but it just keeps auto rotating i want it to never rotate ever again its really annoying.

Steps to turn Autorotate on/off
  1. Click the Start
    icon_Windows8_key.png
    menu and select Settings.
  2. Click System.
  3. Click Display.
  4. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to ON/OFF.

Reaction score
Have you tried Settings > System > Tablet Mode option; When I sign IN "Remember what I used last.
Also: When this device automatically switches tablet mode On or OFF "Always ask me before switching".

Ask a Question