Screen saver.

Reaction score
Screen saver won’t hold it’s settings. ie. Set screen saver for five minutes and after a minute or so the screen turns black with saver operating and then computer goes to sleep prematurely. Can someone please help me?

Reaction score
Are you using a laptop or stationary? It may be a consideration.
The latter does consume more power in the waking state, but, I do not think many users today consider this an important factor.
If you need a screen saver, then, axiomatically, also having a sleep mode may be something you need to consider carefully, as the sleep mode will, of course, override and also cut the screensaver.
For what it is worth, screen savers do not save anything. They are merely a prettier alternative to a black screen.

Many users (yourself) have SSds rather than the old convention motor driven hard disks. I read in one of the links, a question of saving on your electricity bill! If this is a consideration, and, particularly with a Laptop, the saving between sleep mode or leaving the computer running would not, I think, be very noticeable on your electricity bill.

However, back to your post. If you need to see the screen saver all the time, then get into the Power options (Settings - System- Power and Sleep), and disable sleep entirely.

Ask a Question