Screwed up this install

Reaction score
I'm new to Win 10, and tried to install Paint Shop Pro 9 from the CD. It shows on the start listing, but it won't open. Then I got an error message, so I tried to uninstall. That is also not going well. If I can't uninstall...it stalls at one point...as did the install...and simply won't go further. I've tried both the uninstall in control panel and PSP's uninstall. Neither get far enough to really uninstall. One message said a .msi file was missing. I'm guessing PSP9 is not compatible with Win10. I recall always being told just deleting was not a good idea.

Any ideas to bail me out here?

Reaction score
Just curious, is it PSP 9 or PSP X9? I think 9 was the last version before they started with X1, X2, etc., numbering. That would make PSP 9 old.

Reaction score
Your probably going to have to use CC Cleaner or one of those type uninstallers
Hope you have a good Back up image, perhaps you created one before trying to install the program
You may also be able to restore a restore point from before you tried to install this program

Last edited:

Ask a Question